Document Type : Original Article
Phd Islamic Philosophy &amp;amp; Theology
Associate Professor of Philosophy & Ethics, Department of Philosophy, University of Zanjan, Zanjan, Iran
Absolute Creationism or Modified Platonism is the answer to the challenge that Platonism poses to theism. The main concern of this view is the reconcile between Classical theism and Platonism. Absolute creationism, in fact, claims that necessary truths, like possible beings, depend on God. Thus, in the ontological inventory we do not faced a being who exists independently of God, and God is the only independent being. Thus the claim of contemporary Platonists, who argue that some abstract objects, such as necessary truths, necessarily exist, is eternal and uncreated, provided that these truths, while necessary and eternal, are created and dependent on God is accepted. William Craig, the contemporary American theist philosopher, believes that this view faces a number of problems, such as conflate of conceptualism, the Vicious Circularity (Bootstrapping objection), incoherence with free will of God, the traditional theory of creation and traded biblical doctrine of creation with emanationism. Although some of Craig's objections are not to the view of absolute Creationism; But absolute Creationism faces serious problems, and it seems that it is possible to defend the Cartesian view of Universal Possibilism. This paper explains and examines Absolute Creationism and Craig's criticisms
- اسپینوزا، بندیکت(1394). اخلاق. ترجمه محسن جهانگیری. چ7، تهران: مرکز نشر دانشگاهی.
- افلاطون (1380 ). مجموعه آثار افلاطون. ترجمه محمد حسن لطفی. چ3، تهران: خوارزمی.
- شهرستانی، محمدبن عبدالکریم(1362). الملل و النحل. ترجمه مصطفی خالقداد هاشمی. ج1، بیجا.
4. Aquinas, St. Thomas (1945). Basic Writings of Saint Thomas Aquinas, V1, Anton C. Pegis. New York: Random House.
- Anselm, (1995) Monologion and Proslogion with the Replies of Gaunilo and Anselm, Thomas Williams, Hackett Publishing Company, Inc. Indianapolis/Cambridge
- Augustine, St. (1982). Eighty Three Different Questions, Translated: David L. Mosher, Catholic University of America Press.
- Brink, Gijsbert Van den (1993), Almighty God: A Study of Doctrine of Divine Omnipotence. Kok Pharos Publishing House - Kampen - The Netherlands.
- Craig, William, (2016) God Over All, Divine Aseity and the Challenge of Platonism, Oxford Press. United Kingdom.
- Craig William Lane (2017) God and Abstract Objects the Coherence of Theism: Aseity,
- Curley E. M. (1984)"Descartes on the Creation of the Eternal Truths" in The Philosophical Review, Vol. 93, No. 4 (Oct.,), pp. 569-597
- Descartes, René (1991) The Philosophical Writings of Descartes, Trance & ed. J. Cottingham, & R. Stoothoff & D. Murdoch & A.Kenny, Vol. 3, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press(CSMK).
- Descartes, René (1995) The Philosophical Writings of Descartes, Trance & ed. J. Cottingham, & R. Stoothoff & D. Murdoch, Vol2, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press (CSM)
- Frankfurt, Harry G. (1977) "Descartes and the Creation of the Eternal Truths," The Philosophical Review, Vol. 86, No. 1 (Jan.,), pp. 36-57.
- Gerson, Lloyd P (1993), " Plotinus's Metaphysics: Emanation or Creation?" The Review of Metaphysics, V46.N3, pp559-574.
- Leftow, Brain (1990) Is God an abstract object, Noûs, v24, No 4,pp 581-598, 10.2307/2215846.
- McCann, Hugh J. (2012) Creation and the Sovereignty of God, Indiana University Press. Bloomington and Indianapolis.
- Morris, Thomas V. and Christopher Menzel (1986), “Absolute Creation, "American Philosophical Quarterly, 23 (4): 353–362.
- Plantinga, Alvin (2003) Does God Have a Nature? Milwaukee: Marquette University Press.
- Plantinga, Alvin (2000), Warranted Christian Belief, New York: Oxford University Press.
- Plantinga, Alvin (1993) Warrant and Proper Function, Oxford: Oxford University Press,
- Plotinus (2018) The Enneads, Lloyd P. Gerson, George Boys Stones, John M. Dillon, R.A.H. King, Andrew Smith, and James Wilberding, Cambridge University Press, United Kingdom.
- Rodriguez, Alfredo (2014) Divine Omnipotence in Descartes' Philosophy Graduate Center, City University of New York.
- Swinburne, Richard (1993) The Coherence of Theism, Clarendon Press, Oxford, United Kingdom.
- Welty,Greg(2006) "Theistic Conceptual Realism: The Case for Interpreting Abstract objects as Divine Ideas". D.Philo.Thesis,Universiyy of Oxford.